Thursday 3 February 2011

, , , ,

Review: Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill

Friday Night Bites by Chloe NeillFriday Night Bites by Chloe Neill - WARNING! I cannot review this book without spoiling the first book in the series. Don't read any further if you plan on reading Some Girls Bite and don't want it spoilt for you.

Ten months after vampires revealed their existence to the mortals of Chicago, they're enjoying a celebrity status usually reserved for the Hollywood elite. But should people learn about the Raves-mass feeding parties where vampires round up humans like cattle-the citizens will start sharpening their stakes.

So now it's up to the new vampire Merit to reconnect with her upper class family and act as liaison between humans and bloodsuckers, and keep the more unsavory aspects of the vampire lifestyle out of the media. But someone doesn't want peace between them-someone with an ancient grudge...
From Amazon US



After reading quite a lot of YA novels recently, I fancied a nice, funny, action packed adult urban fantasy, yet I didn't fancy trying something new. I wanted a story I knew, characters I loved, something I knew would feinitely grab me straight away, without having to learn anything knew world building wise. I absolutely loved Some Girls Bite, the first in the Chicagoland Vampires series, and as Friday Night Bites was sitting on my bookcase, I picked it up. And now wish I had read it much sooner!

Friday Night Bites has the same humour and sexual chemistry as in the first book, so there were many laughs and many hot moments. There isn't a huge amount of action in this book, but the story more than makes up for it. Unfortunately, it's so tightly wound around other things I can't tell you about, I can't really talk about it. But it's clever! And it keeps you guessing, on the edge of your seat.

The characters are still as good as they once were! I love Merit, she's so strong and so snarky, yet still trying to find her way. The struggles with the "will they? won't they?" love triangle involving Ethan and Morgan is still steaming, but emotional too. Catcher and Mallory are just so great together for a reader; all over each other one minute, at each other's throats the next. I just love them all!

The ending of this book, how the story is resolved is just wow! Seriously, it was scary - not in the horror sense, but in the "what on earth is going to happen to these characters?" sense. You're sitting on the edge of seat, and you don't see the ending coming! It's just so... oh, it's juicy! And I need to read the next book, Twice Bitten, now! I loved this book, and highly recommend this series to everyone!



Published: 8th April 2010
Publisher: Gollancz
Buy from Amazon US
Chloe Neill's Website

My reviews:
Some Girls Bite

0 comments:

Post a Comment